What is a cosmetic Dermatologist?
To understand this term, it helps to know that all dermatologists receive training in:
• Medical Dermatology- Diagnose, treats, and prevents diseases that affect the skin, hair, and nails.
• Dermatopathology- Diagnose diseases that affect the skin, hair, and nails by removing a sample and examining the sample with a microscope
• Surgical Dermatology- Treat diseases that affect the skin, hair, and nails by using a surgical procedure
• Cosmetic Dermatology- Treat the skin, hair, or nails using a treatment that is meant to improve a patient’s appearance rather than treat a disease.
Many Dermatologists perform all of the above. Examples of treatments dermatologists perform that fall into the area of cosmetic dermatology include:
• Injecting Fillers or Botox to give an aging face a more youthful appearance
• Laser Surgery to remove small veins, age spots, wrinkles, hair, scars, etc.
Because of their unique training, dermatologists have the medical knowledge and skills necessary to safely perform many cosmetic procedures.
- Acne Therapy
- Age Spots
- Camphor Mask
- Chemical Peels
- Deep Cleansing Facial
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Glycolic Peels
- Hair Restoration by Neograft
- Hair Removal
- Jessner Peels
- Venus Versa